Saturday, November 2, 2013

member blogs: best of

I was just reading through the Member Blogs when I realized spent five minutes longer than I thought on Valentina Alvarado's blog.  (I showed it--by request-- when I guest-taught a sophomore class yesterday.)  Why was I reading back through vocabulary and an analysis of Steve Jobs' commencement speech ("stay hungry, stay foolish!") that I'd already read?  There's a special quality about some of these blogs: the features, the layouts, the music (or quiet), the colors/graphics (or minimalist/functional design)... they just seem to work.  When a site draws you in like this, you begin to understand why there is an entire field of study dedicated to user engagement.  Kudos.  Please Note: There are lots of great ones, please comment to this post with your favorites--it might help someone's grade.

[Speaking of Kudos: I forgot to type/take a picture of the Kudos in class today-- will post Monday.] 

2 comments:

  1. Dale Bebeau's Blog
    Judith Botello's Blog
    Dylan Horton's Blog
    I believe that these people have put outstanding effort into their blogs and should be represented to show it off

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that Shane places a lot of detail into his posts

    ReplyDelete