Friday, November 15, 2013

there is no them

Throughout history, very bright people have stood idly by while terrible things happened to others.  For those of you who don't think racism is a big deal because it doesn't personally affect you, consider the following [image/layout borrowed with gratitude from Real Knowledge Data Network]. 


"First They Came for the Jews"
By Pastor Niemoller

 "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

1 comment:

  1. I read this poem my sophmore year and I fell in love with it. I like it beause the message is LOUD AND CLEAR at the same time. . .

    ReplyDelete