JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: "Move On Up" by Curtis Mayfield]
"Action expresses priorities." -Mohandas Gandhi
What are your priorities? Specifically, what are you doing here? Why are you enrolled in this course? What actions can your colleagues and I expect from you this year that will express your priorities? What does success look like to you? How will we know when you've "made it"? If you've ever set bold goals at the beginning only to accept less at
the end, how can you prepare your mind to see things through this time
around so you won't have any regrets next June?
1. Journal (normally we'll complete this at the beginning of each class period, but since you're writing all period today, please get a spiral notebook-- if you don't already have one-- and write/edit today's journal entry in it before class on Wednesday)
2. Introduction to Open Source Learning: get out your phones
1. Comment on "Will this blog see tomorrow?"
2. If we're a go, set up your course blog and email the URL to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Research the following quote, translate it, and explain its relevance to this moment/course in brief post on your blog (title: IT'S ALL LATIN TO ME)
dimidium facti qui coepit habet: sapere aude, incipe
(due by the beginning of class Thursday, August 15)