JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: Mozart's Symphony #25 in G Minor]
There is a story about Thomas Edison in which one of
his assistants said something like, "We've tried this a thousand ways
and it doesn't work! We've accomplished nothing!" Edison reportedly
replied, "Nonsense. We've learned a thousand ways it doesn't work."
What's the moral of the story, and what is your perspective on the idea?
2. Early adopters and the hockey stick
3. Big Questions & senior projects
4. Treasure hunt
5. What the $%&@! is "Expository Composition"? (extra credit for anyone who explains why the closing quotation mark goes inside the question mark-- you can't fudge that sort of thing when you type... comment to this post and make your claim)
1. Read "What's your Big Question?" and post yours (title: MY BIG QUESTION) to your course blog
2. Answer agenda item #5 in a post to your course blog (title: WHAT IS EXPOSITORY COMPOSITION?)
2. Begin reading "The Right to Your Opinion" for discussion on Friday 8/16